Philosophy and Aims
At Batley Grammar School we aim to nurture students and pupils in a caring educational environment, enabling them to grow into confident, respectful, independent and successful learners. In so doing, equipping them with the depth of character and enthusiasm necessary to aspire, thrive and prosper in future academic and wider social endeavours.
- To encourage the highest achievement levels of which pupils are capable and, in so doing, to promote a love of learning.
- To promote and develop the physical, spiritual, moral, social and cultural well being of all pupils
- To create a caring environment with well-mannered, respectful, hard working and happy pupils showing consideration for others.
- To develop self-respect, self-esteem, self-confidence and self-discipline.
- To promote teamwork between pupils, parents and staff.
- To develop responsible and enthusiastic individuals with a growing ability to work as independent learners.
- To equip pupils to understand the world beyond school and to make an effective contribution to it.